Note from Duane: I am not a computer guy and I don't have anything to do with sending the newsletter -- I just write it. I cannot re-send any lessons. So please read this page -- that's all I know to do. If you're still not getting the newsletter you can always sign up again at: www.playpiano.com
White-List Our Piano Chords Newsletter Now – While You’re Thinking about it!
Ask your IPS (internet service provider, such as AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etc.) to add this address to their white list:
Use White-listing to Make Sure
You Get Your
One vital thing you can do that helps no matter what e-mail system you're using is this: add this 2 address to your address book:
How can you avoid spam,
but still ensure you receive “Piano Chords & Chord Progressions” email newsletter
1) If you use Hotmail, MSN or AOL: Add the email
to your "Safe List"
2) If you use Yahoo or Netscape: Create a "filter" to ensure our Piano Chords & Chord Progressions email newsletter ends up in your Inbox and not the Junk Mail or Bulk Mail folder
Make sure the “Piano Chords” newsletter is delivered to your Yahoo Inbox (not the Bulk Mail folder), simply instruct Yahoo to filter it to your Inbox.
- Open your Yahoo e-mailbox. On the right hand side of your screen you will see "Mail Options." Left click on this. In the right hand column, under Management left click on "Filters." Then left click on "Add Filter."
- Call this filter “Piano Chords & Chord Progressions” email newsletter
- - Under the heading "if all of the following rules are true ..." go to the top row labeled "From header." Next to this you will see drop down menu. Select "contains" & type in
- At the bottom it says "Move the message to:", select Inbox from the pull-down menu. Then left click on the "Add Filter" button at the bottom.
Hotmail and MSN
Ensure that our “Piano Chords” newsletter is delivered to your Inbox by adding our "From" address to your "Safe List."
- Open your Hotmail of MSN e-mailbox. On the menu bar running across the top of your inbox you will see an item labeled "Options." It is the second last item to the right. Left click on "Options."
- In the new screen which opens, under "Mail Handling." Scroll down the page until you come to the item called "Safe List." Left click on this item.
- Type in the e-mail address: email@example.com
and click on the "Add" button,
When you see the address you entered in the Safe List box, left click on the button "OK."
If you're using AOL, you can ensure that our “Piano Chords” newsletter is delivered to your Inbox by setting your Mail Controls.
- Go to Keyword Mail Controls.
- Select your screen name
- Left Click "Customize Mail Controls For This Screen Name."
For AOL version 7.0: In the section for "exclusion and inclusion parameters", include:
For AOL version 8.0: Select "Allow email from all AOL members, email addresses and domains."
- Left click on "Next" until the Save button shows up at the bottom.
- Left click on "Save."
Netscape version 7.0
Create a filter for messages from “Piano Chords” newsletter by left clicking on the Mail icon you see on the menu bar when you open Netscape as your browser.
When in the Mail window:
- Select this months issue of “Piano Chords” newsletter
- - Open the "Message" menu, and choose "Create Filter From Message."
- You will see the "Filter Rules" dialog box. Using “Piano Chords” newsletter email address
Netscape will prefill the filter name, the filter matching criteria, and the filter action (Move to folder).
- Either choose your Inbox in which to store the incoming messages from “Piano Chords Newsletter”, or create a new folder and call it ”Piano Chords Newsletter”.
- Click on "OK" to confirm your settings. Do you see the "Message Filters" dialog box, where you can create, delete, or edit message filters?
- C lick on "OK" in the "Message Filters" dialog box. The filter begins filtering incoming messages from Piano Chords Newsletter as soon as you click OK, sending them either to your Inbox or to a separate box labeled “Piano Chords Newsletter”
- Open Outlook. In your Inbox, look for the e-mail message which indicates it is from “Chord Piano” newsletter. Left click on this message once.
- Go up to the Navigation menu and point your mouse to Tools. Left click on Tools and a drop down menu will open. Do you see the two arrows pointing downwards? Left click on these. You will see an item called "Organize." Left click on this.
- In your Inbox, you will see a menu with the title "Ways To Organize Inbox." At the top of this menu, you will see "New Folder ..." You want to left click on this.
- A new dialog box will pop up on your screen called "Create New Folder." In the "Name" field simply type in “Piano Chords” newsletter. Then left click on "Ok." A new pop up will appear asking whether you want to create a short cut on your "Outlook Bar."
- Do you use the Outlook Bar to access the folders in your Inbox? Then left click on "Yes." If not, and you simply left click on "Inbox" to move around, then left click on "No."
- You will notice in your "Ways To Organize Inbox," Outlook has filled in the necessary items, and all you have to do is simply left click on "Create." By doing this you are instructing Outlook to create a new rule, causing the existing message and all future messages from “Piano Chords” newsletter to go into the sub-folder you just created in your Inbox called “Piano Chords” newsletter. That's it.
The next time you receive a message from Piano Chords Newsletter, Outlook will automatically cause it to go into the mail box called “Piano Chords” newsletter. You can then read the message at your pleasure.
- Contact the customer service representative or the Postmaster at the company that provides your e-mail or Internet connection (your ISP). Explain to them that “Piano Chords” newsletter is an e-mail course that you asked for and value. Ask them if they can white-list “Piano Chords & Chord Progressions” newsletter. They'll probably ask you for some information about us. Here's what to tell them:
- Sending Address: If they ask for our address, give your contact this email address:
- Domain: If they need to know the domain we're mailing from, tell them both of these:
By the way, if for some reason you don't receive a newsletter some week, do NOT write and ask it to be resent -- there's no way we can do that. You can always sign up again for the entire series at www.playpiano.com
. Then make a file in your Outlook Express mail box and title it "Piano Chords Newsletters" and save each one as they come in.
P.S. If you don't believe that your ISP is stealing your newsletters, go to www.deliverymonitor.com and look at the stats for yourself....it's appalling!